We can provide cover for houses that are empty due to:
- Death of owner/occupier
- Owner/occupier moving into a nursing home
- Tenants moving out
- The property being for sale
- Owner/occupier moving abroad for a year (or more) for work reasons
- The property being a newly constructed dwelling (completed and ready for occupation)
Confidence and peace of mind while a house is empty
Standard house insurance does not provide cover when the house is unoccupied for long periods of time. Unoccupied properties come with their own risks and concerns. We can provide advice and help you to make sure that you have appropriate cover in place.
Buildings and contents cover against:
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion
- Fire brigade charges up to €2000
- Property Owners Liability
Other levels of cover may be available depending on your specific circumstances.
Tailored to meet your needs
Tell us about your house, the reasons why it’s unoccupied and the length of time it will be unoccupied, and we’ll take it from there.
There when you need us
If you do need to make a claim, you’ll have a dedicated claims-handler – and we’ll work with them to make sure that your claim is handled as smoothly and quickly as possible.