Why Choose Arachas?
You’ll look after the kids, and we’ll look after the insurance.
Our knowledge, expertise and longevity within the sector helps us to provide you with flexible cover and additional benefits to support you so that you can run your business.
- Excellent cover that protects you, your employees, the children in your care, your premises, equipment, and your livelihood.
- We insure créches, playschools, nurseries, pre-schools and after-schools, and parent and toddler groups. Cover is available for the full range of childcare services, including seasonal services, part-time day care, afterschool care, and full day care. We also provide cover for Childminders providing childcare in their own home.
- We have designed a comprehensive insurance package for Childcare providers based on our extensive experience in the sector.
What’s covered at a glance?
Public & Employers Liability:
Whether you need public or employers liability, we’ve got you covered.
Personal Accident Cover:
In the event of an unexpected accident, we’ll make sure your children or employees are looked after.
Protects you against claims made by parents who are unhappy with any advice provided in connection with your service as a childcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need separate cover for playground surface / equipment?
No. This would automatically be covered under your Contents / Equipment section provided the sum insured under this section is adequate to cover the same. However, an excess of €250 will apply to each and every claim in respect of the playground.
- Am I covered for outings and do I need to let Arachas know when I am going on one?
Outings are covered automatically under the Public Liability section of the policy and there is no need to let us know. However if you are unsure about a particular activity do give us a call as there are some activities that may be excluded. There is no specific ratio requirement under the policy but you must be complying with childcare regulation and you must ensure that you have adequate supervision in place.
- Are the children covered whilst on bouncing castles or trampolines?
Yes, provided the relevant guidelines are adhered to at all times. Please contact Arachas for a copy of these.
- Am I covered for fundraising events?
Normally, events to raise funds for your own service are automatically covered under the policy at no additional charge. However, if you intend to hold a disco, evening event or family day, these will have to be referred to Arachas and a charge may apply. If you wish to run an event to raise funds for a charity, please contact Arachas.
- Is there an age restriction on my policy?
This depends on the type of service you provide. You must comply with the current childcare legislation.
- How many children should I insure for?
You need to cover the maximum number of children who will be on your premises at any one given time.
- Am I covered to accept children on a “Drop-in” basis?
All children in your care must be pre-booked, pre-registered and attend your service on a regular basis. We cannot offer cover for any type of ‘ Drop In’ service.
- Am I covered to run a Summer Camp?
Your policy can be extended to run Out-of-School camps (e.g. Easter, Summer & Halloween) at an additional charge. We can also provide cover for summer schools not in the scheme. Please contact us for a quote or get a quote online.
Childcare Insurance Benefits
- Public Liability (€13,000,000)
- Employers Liability (€13,000,000)
- Personal Accident cover for children and employees
- Professional Liability (€6,500,000)
- Directors and Officers Liability (€2,500,000)
- Business Interruption (standard package includes cover of €150,000, increased to €200,000 for ECI members. This cover can be increased further upon request)
- Contents cover (standard package includes cover of €20,000, increased to €25,000 for ECI and Direct Créche scheme. This cover can be increased further upon request)
- Option to include buildings cover
- Fidelity Guarantee – this covers loss of money or property belonging to your business as a result of fraud, theft or dishonesty committed by employees (€100,000)
- Money cover – this covers loss of money from business premises (€15,000)
- Legal Expenses cover – provides access to legal advice and support including a helpline, and legal costs, in the event of a dispute
When you are looking after children, it’s vital to know that you have the right insurance protection in place in case anything unexpected happens so that the children in your care are covered. You also need to know that you have cover in place for you, your employees and your business.
That’s what we’re there for. We provide market-leading insurance packages for all your risks, backed by support from expert teams who understand your sector.
We also work closely with Early Childhood Ireland (ECI) and Childminding Ireland (CMI) to create tailored insurance solutions for their members.
Trust us to look after your insurance, so you can concentrate on providing great childcare.
Contact us on 015926175 to receive a quote for your Childcare Insurance.